Saturday, April 6, 2013

Prologue

Krissy sat on her bed reading a book.  Or at least trying to.  Every time she got into it, her phone rang.  She sighed.  It was going off again.  She glanced at it.  It was a text from her "best friend" Sara, about some random breakup.  Who cares?  And why do you have to tell me if it has nothing to do with me? Even though she was the "most popular" girl in the 8th grade, she didn't like it.  Sometimes she even envied the girls who only had a small group of friends.  Their life actually seemed interesting.  Sighing, she switched her phone off.  If anyone asks, I'll say my phone got taken away.  She picked up her book again.  Maybe now I can get some peace.  But no such luck.  Her mother yelled up the stairs.  "Krissy, come down here!" Krissy sighed and trudged downstairs.
"What is it mom?" she said in a non-caring sort of way.  Her mom frowned.  "Honey, I have some bad news.  We're moving."  It was all Krissy could do to keep the huge grin off her face.




Author's note: What do you guys think?  

No comments:

Post a Comment